Power House High: Newsletter #21
Congratulations to all of our seniors on their college acceptances!!
Schools Fees Deadline
March 1st will be here before you know it and we still have a number of students with outstanding fees. We are approaching graduation and Ms. Hannah will be ordering graduation materials only for those students whose fees are paid. If your fees are not paid by March 1st, you run the risk of not having a cap and gown, and you need them in order to participate in the graduation ceremony.
There is a mandatory parent meeting on Thursday, February 26 at 6:00 p.m. Parents must attend this meeting or send a representative who is at least 18 years of age.
Students should be reporting to their Practicum every Tuesday and Thursday. Make sure you check in with Ms. Kerr to have your attendance accounted for.
You must meet the following graduation requirements in order to walk across the stage at the 2015 commencement ceremony on Saturday, June 6:
- Must pass all classes, both semesters.
- Must not exceed 30 detentions. Otherwise, you will have to attend a summer behavior class. Make sure you check in with your advisor to see how many detentions you have earned this year.
- Must not exceed 20 absences (exceptions determined by administration).
Failing Classes Consequence
Any student who fails any class in Semester 2 will not be able to walk across the stage.
No school on the following dates:
- Friday, February 13 for professional development
- Monday, February 16 for President's Day
- Friday, February 27 for interim assessments
Mandatory Parent Meeting
- Thursday, February 26 at 6:00 p.m.
FAFSA Completion for Credit
- FAFSAs must be completed by Thursday, February 12 for College Writing credit. FAFSAs completed after this date will receive no class credit. All seniors must complete the FAFSA for federal and state financial aid consideration.